Call it my fascination with pirates since early childhood, my 15 years of fandom for Sailor Moon and Japenese school uniforms, or the whole nautical thing in general; I have always loved these types of things.
I’ve been looking for vintage 40s sailor outfits for a long time, but can never find them.
Therefore I found someone who sews them on etsy: Jitterbuggin
She is super sweet and very communicative and talented!
I didn’t take enough pictures at all of the back, but there are two red stars, one on each side.
no, I didn’t cut my hair. I gave myself faux short hair (it’s a good trick)
and no I haven’t played violin since I was nearly 9, but I’d love to pick it back up!
and I also have another similar dress that I’ll be posting pictures of soon as well.

1. it's a wonderful dress! is the shirt detachable? if so, you could wear it with so many things! i like your faux bob too. 🙂 i'll be emailing you back shortly.

2. You look gorgeous! Your hair came out perfect! 😀 That violin! I have one, but never got good at it, I'm afraid :'(Oh, I have seen the yamadas! And Grave of the fire flies too, which makes me ball like a baby every time I see it >_<Love,Aya

3. This outfit is so cute! You have such a beautiful vintage style. I really love the sailor collar and jumper! The red shoes are absolutely darling as well. 🙂

4. That dress is adorable on you.love your hair style and those white bobby socks look great with those shoes on you.

5. Dear Justice,Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on Calivintage. We invite you to enter another contest we're running where you can win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Our Style Director will be reviewing the entries and choosing the winning recipe. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets. Thanks again,The Beso TeamBeso.com

6. Thank you so much all! Starr, the shirt is detachable.Aya, why are you afraid to play violin?Thanks so much Sarah!!stacy, nothing like bobbysoxing!that kitchen aid mixer is gorgeous, but I have no recipes and don't really know if I would want to follow on twitter, so I lose.

7. it's a wonderful dress! is the shirt detachable? if so, you could wear it with so many things! i like your faux bob too. 🙂 i'll be emailing you back shortly.

8. […] Details: Pinafore: Jitterbuggin' (see it also here) | Blouse: Modcloth | Shoes: Tilly's | Flower hairclip: […]