Ah, interesting things happen when I wear my clothes. Today I went to get food at the store. A teenage boy said, “I really like your costume!” and I gave him this smirk and look and said, “I dress like this every day.” He said, “oh wow! I love your fashion sense then!” and then the guy proceeded to ask me if I use a computer because he assumed I did everything in old era. . .wow. He was amazed I used my bank card to pay for my food and told me so. I find people’s reactions to my clothes so hilarious. I don’t even realize it most of the time because I have been wearing vintage and “unusual” clothing since I was 7. I notice 80-90 year olds smile a lot when they see me in the store.

This location is right around the corner from where my husband works. After I picked him up I asked him to stop there so I could take some photos (ah, I love my tripod and remote).  He enjoyed talking to our sons while I did this (which was maybe for 5 minutes). I plan on using this location again in the future.

This skirt also is a bit short for me. I need to make sure that I check lengths of skirts before I buy dresses. Having long torsos and legs sometimes causes such problems. I just read people’s reviews for this dress and complained about how it fit. I wore a petticoat underneath so I had no issues with the waist like a lot of them said was weird for them. I think it is perfect, so I just submitted a review for it too. I bought this dress the day it was released.
Dress: Starboard Bow Dress from Modcloth
Shoes: Re-mix vintage
socks: target
hair bow: Poison Heart Accessories

I really have a sailor addiction.
I blame being obsessed with watching Shirley Temple’s “Captain January” as a child.
I watched this movie over and over and over and over and over. . .

1. I love that dress! I really wanted to buy it too, then I thought I shouldn't be greedy cause I already have several sailor dresses…lol.You look fabulous! Oh…and I get stares to my dear! Like you though, I've been dressing weird my entire life so I'm used to it. The smiles from the old folk make it all worth it to me though! Hugs! :o)

2. I just noticed the video you posted!!!! I think my sailor obsession comes from Shirley! I watched all of her movies 10 times over :o)

3. Just watched it….and sang along to every word! lol

4. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love your sailor dresses. They are awesome.

5. I love what that boy said to you, haha!! I love that outfit too, and how you did your hair. That location is great, too. I just ordered some stuff from ModCloth, myself. I usually just order accessories, because their stuff fits weird on me. I have bought one sweater though, and a cute dress I wear as a top.

6. Ahahaha, I love your story. Did that guy think you were a time traveler or something? Your outfit is the bomb, by the way. Sailor dresses own.

7. Allison, yeah a lot of modcloth has very short dresses. I wish some of them were longer, but maybe they just have a lot of shorter shoppers?? oh well. I'd love to see what you have bought from there! Jenni, Probably!! He was very odd with the things he was saying to me, but it was nice to see that a guy was so interested in why someone dressed that way. Usually girls are more talkative about fashion than a male. Sailor Dresses indeed own.

8. Beautiful! I love your blog! I bought two items from you on ebay & I really liked your outfit pictures for your listings. I thought about asking if you had a blog but then I ended up finding you by chance through Qs Daydream. I really like what you are doing to help others. You have become an inspiration to me. Thank you

9. So cute! Love the snood with the little bow, thats a perfect little touch!xoxo Solanah vixenvintage.blogspot.com

10. LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit! Very cute dress and awesome hairstyle 🙂 An did you take all those beautiful pics in just 5 minutes? wow! 🙂

11. Thank you so much! I too love the snood with the bow! Most of my photos are taken in 5 minutes. :: shrugs :: unless they are a paid shoot I do for someone else though.

12. i love shirley temple too! the dress look great Victoria. i love every bit of the styling and your cute netted hair. i find that i get lots of smiles from old ladies too. i really like that. funny about the guy asking you about a computer! how silly. as far as the dress being too short: story of my life with modcloth! i don't know why all there dresses are so tiny. seems odd to me! And just so you know, i haven't forgotten about your blog graphics! one more week of school and it'll be a done deal. to give you a more specific time, i'll try to have them ready by Wednesday the 12th! is that okay?

13. that story made me laugh so hard, I love your fashion sense as well! haha that dress looks great on you, it's one of my favorites on Modcloth right now.lovelove, M.http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

14. Cutest dress ever!I am sure people think I am wearing a costume sometimes, but the part of town I am in it wouldn't be unusual since we have a ton of vintage shops.

15. I love this outfit–I am such a sucker for nautical looks! You do a fab job with your photos as well :-)I'm often asked if I work at a theme restaurant, or if I’m in a movie–people have a hard time understanding that you can dress in this style because you enjoy it and don’t mind being a little different!

16. You're adorable. 🙂 I love your story about people's reactions.

17. Love the dress ! The location is beautiful ! I would look at someone dressed like that too, but with lot of admiration.

18. so cute!! you look absolutely lovely! I was thinking about buying this dress the other day and now that I see how cute it looks I just might ^.^

19. so cute!! you look absolutely lovely! I was thinking about buying this dress the other day and now that I see how cute it looks I just might ^.^

20. I love this outfit–I am such a sucker for nautical looks! You do a fab job with your photos as well :-)I'm often asked if I work at a theme restaurant, or if I’m in a movie–people have a hard time understanding that you can dress in this style because you enjoy it and don’t mind being a little different!

21. that story made me laugh so hard, I love your fashion sense as well! haha that dress looks great on you, it's one of my favorites on Modcloth right now.lovelove, M.http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

22. So cute! Love the snood with the little bow, thats a perfect little touch!xoxo Solanah vixenvintage.blogspot.com

23. Allison, yeah a lot of modcloth has very short dresses. I wish some of them were longer, but maybe they just have a lot of shorter shoppers?? oh well. I'd love to see what you have bought from there! Jenni, Probably!! He was very odd with the things he was saying to me, but it was nice to see that a guy was so interested in why someone dressed that way. Usually girls are more talkative about fashion than a male. Sailor Dresses indeed own.

24. I love what that boy said to you, haha!! I love that outfit too, and how you did your hair. That location is great, too. I just ordered some stuff from ModCloth, myself. I usually just order accessories, because their stuff fits weird on me. I have bought one sweater though, and a cute dress I wear as a top.