I needed to go redder. . but I think I went too red. It looks too fake. I really hope it fades soon.
I bought this dress in March from BambooBettie on etsy. It is a shame I didn’t get photos of it sooner!
 my hair is getting so long it is very hard to do any retro stryles with it. I could do more updos, but honestly I prefer having it down. I am getting to the point where I am not going to be able to do any tutorials for my hair. My goal is to get my hair to grow back below my hips like how it used to be when I had my “elf hair“, but my hubby doesn’t want me to cut the front half of my hair anymore like I did then and have now (but it is much longer now than it was then). I might have to attempt Veronica Lake hair for a few months. I was torn a few months ago between cutting it shorter or growing it out, but I would rather have it super long than short even if I can do more 40s hairstyles with it shorter.
I love the little puff sleeves and velvet bow details
I’ll be taking a few days off from blogging because one of my uncles passed away yesterday.
Please pray for my aunt, their three children, and their grandson (happy 20th birthday today to my cousin Debbie – the baby of all my 1st cousins – I know today is tough but try to celebrate).

1. Oooh, Elfhair! That sounds exciting! Love the dress, the bows are so adorable!

2. loving you hair colour you look gorge x

3. Omg you are so gorgeous! I love the color of your hair and the style 🙂

4. Firstly, I am so sorry for the loss of your Uncle…. the only way is through it.I think your hair looks wonderful that colour, if your gonna do it…. do it!!That dress is seriously divine…. LOVE!xx Lucy

5. Ps…. why don't you just keep a long bang at the front and a just past your shoulder layer. That way youu can still style the front up (which looks divine!) and have the rest down to your hips!! Best of both worlds… x L

6. gorgeous dress and shoes! love the color of your hair!

7. I think your hair looks gorgeous this red – especially with this style. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.

8. Beautiful! I like the red ^_^ I miss having ketchup red hair. I will keep your family and uncle's family in my prayers.

9. I appreciate all the kind comments!!Lucy – Thanks so much for your kind comments. I really would like mainly one length hair again. I have had two lengths of hair for the longest time. I already have half of my hair short in front but it would be nice to wear the front half down, and it just looks odd at this stage. Otherwise I would want the front half much more short like how it was.

10. Try a dark auburn if you think it looks too fake. Then it'll be a sort of maple chocolate-y colour with red highlights in the sun…A from aplusbinthesea.blogspot.com

11. hmm i like a lighter red best. I have had darker a few times now but I last dyed it with a lighter one and loved it. they didn't have that dye anymore though. Thanks!

12. I'll be praying, sister.Also, own that red hair. It's gorgeous.

13. OMG u looked like a doll flawless,super gorgeous(^^)…kindda looked like a pin-up girl in a good way ~like katy perry…anyway following u now…please visit & follow me back toohttp://natalieshiashia.blogspot.com/

14. I'm so sorry about your uncle. Hope your aunt and cousins are doing better… all my love for them.And your hair is absolutely amazing, love the colour, don't think it looks fake at all 🙂

15. I just barely came across your blog, and I'm glad I did. You are stunning and I love your retro style! This dress with the bows is gorgeous!I think you very well make that hair color work.:)I'm terribly sorry about your loss. Best of wishes to you and your family.

16. Aww, I love your blog! Don't worry about the hair! It will fade very fast and you can try another, more natural, shade of red. I went through a lot of reds until I found the right one for me 🙂

17. I don't know you but I'm so sorry about your loss. Be with your family right now…xx

18. Your hair looks gorgeous that color. Everything is tres cool-the coif, the dress, the shoes. thanks for the inspiration

19. This comment has been removed by the author.

20. Gorgeous hair. :)I'm really sorry about your uncle. I hope you're all okay.

21. I am so sorry to hear of your uncle. My thoughts go out to you and your family. Blog breaks are tremendous for the mind and soul.I adore the shade of red that your hair is, BTW. As soon as the photo loaded, I thought how great it looked, even before i read your text! Keep it! 🙂

22. You look great, like the dress and hair. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Your family will be in our prayers. Meri

23. Gorgeous – the colour of the dress compliments your hair beautifully. Sorry to hear about your loss.

24. i'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, dear. i'll keep your family in my thoughts these next few days.i love the velvet bows on the dress. that really is the most divine color for a vintage dress. your hair is gorgeous too! i know how you feel though. it always seems like a little much the first few days, but in the end it always fades a bit!

25. this is so gorgeous! I love how the red of your hair compliments the purple of the dress!http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

26. ps. very sorry about your uncle. totally understand about the blogging break.

27. your hair looks fabulous!!! 🙂

28. ps. very sorry about your uncle. totally understand about the blogging break.

29. Your hair looks gorgeous that color. Everything is tres cool-the coif, the dress, the shoes. thanks for the inspiration

30. I just barely came across your blog, and I'm glad I did. You are stunning and I love your retro style! This dress with the bows is gorgeous!I think you very well make that hair color work.:)I'm terribly sorry about your loss. Best of wishes to you and your family.

31. I think your hair looks gorgeous this red – especially with this style. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.