A few months ago, my church was in need of someone to do the skits as a pirate for Vacation Bible School for the 4-11 year olds. I do pirate voice pretty well and figured I could easily do it. Then I got all the lines for the skits and it turns out they needed a sailor, not a pirate. This too was fine with me and actually saved me money, since I only had to buy a sailor hat! The first day of the skit I had to wear tourist clothes. the past two weeks this is what I’ve been transformed into since becoming an official sailor for the High Seas Expedition! I have two weeks left. It is just me and the leader (who introduces everything and does the songs) in all the skits. It has been fun.

Here I am with my ship!

We have a few people from our church who are classic car collectors. I was happy to see that one of them brought their 40s coupe to church so I jumped at the chance for some shots by it.

yes I have no bum. that’s okay with me.

the back part of my hair (the top half is done up too in a couple loops. . I have a lot of hair to do these thing)s. Someone at church told me it looked like an endless loop. I’ve done my hair like this for the past two weeks.

40s Reproduction Sailor Shirt: Jitterbuggin’
40s Reproduction Jeans: Freddies of Pinewood
Shoes: Chuck Taylors Converse All-Stars low-tops
Hat: Amazon.com
Tie: my husband’s

1. What a cute post; you make a wonderful sailor! πŸ˜‰ I used to teach at my church's Vacation Bible School when I was in high school. I always had so much fun decorating my classroom to go with the theme.

2. I love your hairstyle! It is nice to see a different take on the sailor trend, ie. with jeans.Anthea,Embracing Style

3. love the tops πŸ™‚

4. Cool πŸ™‚ I predicted that you'd wear the ModCloth dress, but I was wrong! You looked like a REAL (female) sailor with this one. I didn't hear about VBS until I got to high school, so I was never a part of it when I was a kid. You have the prettiest hairstyles!!!

5. These are sooooo cute!!!!You remind me of Shirley in Captain January :o)

6. oooh this is soo good!!!I'm glad we're on hypeed together! yeah!

7. everything about this is just FABULOUS!!!!

8. Our church did that VBS this year too. We saw the kids perform some of it yesterday. We had Sailor Jack though, and I told Elliott you were Sailor Sally. I thought of you doing the part and it made me smile.I *love* your hair that way! It makes me want to grow out my hair long so I can do that. But my hair isn't as thick as yours.

9. yeah Sailor Jack was the guy version. Sailor Jenny was the girl version but I made it "Sailor Sally" instead because there is a girl who is named Jenny at church and I didn't want to use someone else's name. Also they have where I am supposed to look like a tourist every time but have the hat to just add to my look. . .but I did some improv so we could have the whole outfit as the new look. πŸ˜‰ Which skit did you see them do yesterday? I did one yesterday where I was out looking with a spyglass for sea monsters. It was so short but fun!!

10. Cute outfit, hair do, and theme! I love acting out skits and little plays, mostly with my family though…

11. Your hair looks perfect, you have a wonderful blog. I think its so nice that you are volunteering as a sailor at your church :). Will definitely be following you.http://maxandchichi.blogspot.com/

12. Ahh! These are so cute! I really wish my church would ask me to a pirate. (Personally, I think my pastor would afraid of the outcome)http://www.wagingwaronmydecor.blogspot.com

13. Cuuuute!I used to get on top of my dad's boat and yell "I am a pirate and a pirate's what I am!" It was a punk song by a band called Thee Pirates ^_^

14. You always amazes me πŸ™‚ Your hair is a dream! Now you can sing to your kids: "A Sailor went to sea, sea, sea,To see what he could see, see, see,And all that he could see, see, see,Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea".:)

15. One seaworthy ship you got there! Beautiful blouse. Those little red stars are so sweet! Your hair is always amazing. Love the loops πŸ™‚

16. Cute. I love the balloon waves! That's a great braid. Reminds me of when my mother would do lots of funky braids in my hair, back when I had hair.β™₯ Rebecca JeanMidnight Maniac

17. Aww, look at my beautiful sailor lady!!!

18. What a fun skit and so perfect for the Justice Pirate! I just love the ship set that they made. It's so colorful and cartoon-ish.Vintage car is a beauty and so are you :)B from A plus B

19. man, i really love that car! And this outfit is really adorable. I am always so impressed with your hair! You do such creative and beautiful things with it!

20. man, i really love that car! And this outfit is really adorable. I am always so impressed with your hair! You do such creative and beautiful things with it!

21. One seaworthy ship you got there! Beautiful blouse. Those little red stars are so sweet! Your hair is always amazing. Love the loops πŸ™‚

22. You always amazes me πŸ™‚ Your hair is a dream! Now you can sing to your kids: "A Sailor went to sea, sea, sea,To see what he could see, see, see,And all that he could see, see, see,Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea".:)

23. yeah Sailor Jack was the guy version. Sailor Jenny was the girl version but I made it "Sailor Sally" instead because there is a girl who is named Jenny at church and I didn't want to use someone else's name. Also they have where I am supposed to look like a tourist every time but have the hat to just add to my look. . .but I did some improv so we could have the whole outfit as the new look. πŸ˜‰ Which skit did you see them do yesterday? I did one yesterday where I was out looking with a spyglass for sea monsters. It was so short but fun!!

24. everything about this is just FABULOUS!!!!

25. love the tops πŸ™‚

26. I love your hairstyle! It is nice to see a different take on the sailor trend, ie. with jeans.Anthea,Embracing Style

27. Oh wow, the sailor outfit and sneakers is over the top amazing!! You are so cute!!!!