I hate having to do studio work myself, so it is annoying to have to have other photographers who do studio work to sit me down and direct me. . . but I endure with a smile and some little bit of hidden frustrations. haha.  My church was doing directories so they took a bunch of shots of our family and Rob and I alone too (to try to get us to buy their very expensive prints).  My mom wanted a nice one of me and Rob to put up in their home, so she bought this one and we got it in the mail so I scanned it first before it becomes hers for good. Too bad you see my zit scars too well in these.

And this one is for the church directory (we got a free print just to take it for the directory)…Rob’s holding back laughing a lot because Leto was squirming like crazy and talking almost the whole time. We took these back in the middle of October. Leto’s shirt is all funky but oh well. This was the best out of about 10 shots (so you could imagine how much worse it got and this was probably the first one they took).
No this is not going to be our Christmas Card picture at all!

In other news, I did a Christmas Photo session with a family that I also photographed last year for their Christmas photos. These are my favourites out of what I took of them so I thought I’d share (and notice how I do outdoor only sessions because I really hate all the studio equipment and lack of natural light). I love doing business with returned customers!
 My favourite one
They had fun.

1. Your boys have such gorgeous big blue eyes!

2. You're really good at capturing the happiness and togetherness of families. You have some very beautiful children there.

3. i know! i hate taking prof photos in a studio. the only time we ever do is for church directories and those photogs have no imagination. ours always turn out horribly. i way more prefer the natural pics you took of that family. you can see the difference in quality and richness. you did a great job!

4. church directories are…not fun. I had do be in some a while back and it was torture. Photographing boring pictures of my family of ten was just BAD. and THEN the crazy photographer wanted to get shots of just the kids so he had me lay on my stomach and he piled 7 kids on top of me in a pyramid. OUCH!!!!But anyway, yours look good. And your kids are stinkin cute!

5. haha, no the pyramid wasn't actually put into the directory. We took a nice organized shot and then did a couple others afterward (you know the ones they want you to buy…). I think the photographer just didn't know what to do with that many kids…

6. Now that you mention that Rob was holding back a laugh, I can totally see it in his face. It's so funny :)Bea from A plus B

7. hehe you guys are such a sweet family. It 's funny, you keep mentioning these scars but honstly I just can't see them. You just look gorgeous is all 🙂 Such a cute dress you're wearing, I do love that one on you :)The shots you took are great. It 's funny I'd love to dust off my portable kit (blocking the hallway is all it 's been doing for the past couple of years). I just don't have the space to set up. Last place we lived was a lot more roomy.

8. You and your family are just adorable! Your kids are so cute! Your photos turned out great, and your outfits were cute as well 🙂

9. Your family portraits came out lovely! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

10. Lovely pictures of you and your family! And you did such a great job with that family, they look happy and ready for Christmas! 🙂

11. you have such a beautiful family :)xxMILK TEETHS

12. Yes it is! You're so good with knowing all those historical places.

13. What zit scars? I could hardly see them! Anyway, I like that first photo a lot. I saw it first on your Facebook. That shirt is so gorgeous!

14. What zit scars? I could hardly see them! Anyway, I like that first photo a lot. I saw it first on your Facebook. That shirt is so gorgeous!

15. Your family portraits came out lovely! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

16. i know! i hate taking prof photos in a studio. the only time we ever do is for church directories and those photogs have no imagination. ours always turn out horribly. i way more prefer the natural pics you took of that family. you can see the difference in quality and richness. you did a great job!