Already another outfit? I couldn’t contain myself from holding off on posting this one. I’ve mentioned before that there are really no good thrift stores whatsoever in NJ. It’s true (believe me, I’ve been searching for ten years). The oldest items most sell are from the 90s.
However, a few months ago a new store opened not too far from where I live called Ively’s Closet. The first time I visited the shop there was nothing small enough to fit me. The store owner has since saved pieces that she would think would fit me. She loves my outfits and well. . .she saved me this one that I purchased! It looks like a late 50s/early 60s dress. I just love the Bolero that came with it.

1. aw. sad that you don't have any around. 😦 but very cool that this owner wants to help you out! what a great agreement. she gets business and you get cute stuff!

2. So sweet of her to put this beauty aside for you. As usual you look absolutely gorgeous! The ribbon in your hair is a great touch too πŸ™‚

3. How cute! You look beautiful :)I've often wondered if vintage is more of a west coast awareness than an east coast one. I mean, it's out there, but thrift stores must just think of it as "old junk" and toss it aside. Some of the cheapest vintage I've found has been from the other side of the country, I just got lucky and stumbled upon it;)Anyway, also love the birdie in your hair! Solanah

5. Every time I see you in a new dress, I think that it's the cutest thing I've ever seen…until I see the next one. Right now? This one is tops :)<3 Cambriahttp://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

6. That dress looks like it was made for you!!!

7. yes. this dress was made for you! you look gorgeous in it. these are beautiful photos too πŸ™‚

8. Hey Victoria! I'm having some serious dress envy! What a lovely dress!! I tagged you today on http://www.mrsamberapple.com in a Christmas Tag!

9. Oh, gurrrl! Don't even. Don't even make me swoon like this! That dress is incredible on you. I'm totally hitting on you right now apparently? But I'm not a creeper, you are just so pretty! And that dress! SWOONSAUCE. Teach me how to be so elegant.

10. Lovely dress for a lovely gal!

11. First of all, I'm really sorry to hear there's no good vintage thrifting there! That sucks. Very glad you were able to come across this gem though. It's so sweet and I love how the lining of the bolero matches the dress print. So lovely!

12. I love the print of your dress. The cardi matches it perfectly! xo

13. i love the neckline and the print on this dress. so feminine and pretty.

14. Oh gosh I love this dress on you, it fits you like a glove!! Totally jealous! And of course I'm growing out my hair, I miss it so much, haha. I totally feel like I'm reverting to my 4th-5th grade self where all I wore were bellbottoms, blouses, and cardigans, and a ribbon around my neck. I thought I was so artsy. haha!

15. That's so nice that you seem to build relationships with small store owners around you! I don't really have small clothing shops around me that I can frequent, but I can tell you that we've made buddies with small restaurants! The thrift stores around us are chain stores (Goodwill and Salvation Army), so the employees switch up a lot.I really like that style of shoes. I have something like yours but are open-toed. This dress looks nice on you!

16. Dude, we are like the same age, well I'm 25 a couple years younger. haha But yeah it seems that we totally had the same style and everything growing up, that's cool we would have totally been chill with each other. I love that people from different upbringings and backgrounds will have similar likes and dislikes. I love reading about your life and family and I love your strength in beliefs. It's great, I know that I grew up differently from you, in a non religious household, but it's awesome that I see that we grew up with the same loves… I don't know I loved seeing your high school pics, it was like looking at my group of friends. It just shows that no matter what people are similar. I love it. I don't know… I'm not sure how to put it but I think it's awesome who you are, it's sweet. πŸ™‚ And originally I was going to write a joke that all the thrift stores in NJ would have jersey shore type stuff, but I couldn't come up with a good joke. :)Ah I still need to figure out things for the 12 days of christmas thing. I will keep up in the loop about it!

17. Very cute outfit, love the vintage flair of it! Very nice blog.xoxoGiovannaBoho Market Blog

18. That is so nice that the shop owner is setting aside pieces for you! How awesome!Love the new dress, it looks like a perfect fit.Chic on the Cheap

19. These are lovely pictures you look very sweet and pretty!

20. I see why you didn't want to wait. That dress is beautiful!!I can't believe that TN got snow before NJ, but the weather her changes so quickly. It could be in the sixties next week the back down to freezing. It's crazy!!

21. Gorgeous find! I love those shoes too. I didnt even know Jersey lacked vintage. If you ever feel adventurous there are lots on Long Island!

22. Some folks are so nice! This dress was made for you, darling! You look snazzy.ps: I just adore you.

23. Ah, how sweet of her to save it for you! It looks like it fits you perfectly :] I love the little bolero too and the print. You look gorgeous as always Victoria!

24. Great dress and the bolero is cute with it! πŸ™‚

25. Ha, "bagism"! :)I haven't spoken to the bride before posting the entry about the wedding, but I I've talked to her about modesty. She actually reads my blog from time to time. It wasn't her choice picking out the dresses but the maid of honor (the wedding was planned in only a few weeks). Although the bride is still in a position of finding herself in modesty, she is not quite there yet but willing and open. That to me is a good step! I'm glad to be there for her, and she was totally fine with me putting a shirt inside the dress. I just wish that the other bridesmaids did the same thing. It's neat that your best friend is into modesty. I don't really know anyone not online who believes in it, so it's really a breath of fresh air to know you and others who do!

26. I would love to have my friends dress modestly! The thing is though, they knew me before I started dressing modestly. I went through a lot of changes in my life, and I matured a lot more in my faith than back when I was in high school. I was a very grace-type person back then and knew scripture, but I wasn't really doing much about personal sacrifice because I didn't give up the way I used to dress. I've been living in a different state now since being married (just almost two years ago), so I haven't seen much of my close friends. I kept in touch with one girl who I considered to be the closest among all my friends from singlehood. She is a Christian, but she just doesn't dress modestly or even try at all. She respects me for my decision, but she just can't comprehend it and just want to think that modesty was just my personal decision. I'm in a struggle now though because although I love her, she sort of represents my old life and isn't really doing me any good to still be close friends with her (perhaps just to build her up spiritually). She still loves wearing low-cut tops, which seems to be her favorite style, but I never noticed that before because I used to be like that.Since I started to dress modestly, one of my friends who isn't Christian who also reads my blog began to be resentful towards me because she believes that I stopped talking to her because I thought she was "slutty". The sad thing about this though is that she never confronted me about this but instead, told my close friend (the only person I really kept in touch with from my "past") about it. Sure, I would not dress like her now, but I don't think I ever thought of that about her and would never say such a thing. I honestly really didn't talk to her much back then because our interests were worlds apart, and I liked a lot of artsy stuff and not so much about the shallow mainstream stuff. It was more a matter of interest than a matter of me thinking she was immodest. Although of course, I understood why she'd think that. I can't confront her about it because that would just seem like my close friend spilled private information to me which I never should've known in the first place. Unless sharing information is constructive (which I hope I am doing because I am seeking advice), just talking about a person behind their back is gossiping.So, that pretty much gives you an idea of the kind of friends I have—the two kinds of friends I have that represent Christianity but without dressing modestly (still in the clubbing lifestyle mode, by the way) and the other kind that isn't Christian at all. I acquired a lot of non-Christian friends from high school and from college, who I rarely keep in touch with now. I fear that if one of my non-Christian friends thinks of me this way after reading my blog, then a lot of others might be thinking of me the same way because of the change in my lifestyle. I shouldn't be worrying about that, though. I know what must be done to honor God through purity, and I shouldn't be too discouraged if other my old friends think I'm looking down on them. I really don't, but I do pray that they'd change too.I never tell people how to dress and even in my blog, I still sort of just explain and describe how modesty changed me and how it is beneficial to everyone, without being too negative and judgmental. Still, people take offense at this as if they are being criticized. I guess that's a reason why I am not too outspoken about modesty outside my blog because I've been hurt ,made fun of, and ignored by so much by friends and family. I should be more outspoken despite all of that.

27. Utterly adorable! I've been completely off the blogging scene the last month or so (working hard!), but now I've got a bit more time to spare your blog is one of the first I'm trying to catch up with. I love the new photo in your header (I'm probably really behind the times here – I'm sure the last time I looked at your blog it was still the picture of you in the woods). xx CharlotteTuppence Ha'penny Vintage

28. look so sweet, ur dress is so cute πŸ™‚ Thank you for ur lovely comment :*xoxo

29. pretty dress! i love it. πŸ™‚

30. I think this is absolutely precious! And a good pic for the Hello Blogosphere too! The little rose colored bolero is the icing on the cake πŸ™‚

31. I think this is absolutely precious! And a good pic for the Hello Blogosphere too! The little rose colored bolero is the icing on the cake πŸ™‚

32. Ah, how sweet of her to save it for you! It looks like it fits you perfectly :] I love the little bolero too and the print. You look gorgeous as always Victoria!

33. Some folks are so nice! This dress was made for you, darling! You look snazzy.ps: I just adore you.

34. Gorgeous find! I love those shoes too. I didnt even know Jersey lacked vintage. If you ever feel adventurous there are lots on Long Island!

35. I see why you didn't want to wait. That dress is beautiful!!I can't believe that TN got snow before NJ, but the weather her changes so quickly. It could be in the sixties next week the back down to freezing. It's crazy!!

36. These are lovely pictures you look very sweet and pretty!

37. Very cute outfit, love the vintage flair of it! Very nice blog.xoxoGiovannaBoho Market Blog

38. That's so nice that you seem to build relationships with small store owners around you! I don't really have small clothing shops around me that I can frequent, but I can tell you that we've made buddies with small restaurants! The thrift stores around us are chain stores (Goodwill and Salvation Army), so the employees switch up a lot.I really like that style of shoes. I have something like yours but are open-toed. This dress looks nice on you!

39. i love the neckline and the print on this dress. so feminine and pretty.

40. I love the print of your dress. The cardi matches it perfectly! xo

41. First of all, I'm really sorry to hear there's no good vintage thrifting there! That sucks. Very glad you were able to come across this gem though. It's so sweet and I love how the lining of the bolero matches the dress print. So lovely!

42. Oh, gurrrl! Don't even. Don't even make me swoon like this! That dress is incredible on you. I'm totally hitting on you right now apparently? But I'm not a creeper, you are just so pretty! And that dress! SWOONSAUCE. Teach me how to be so elegant.

43. yes. this dress was made for you! you look gorgeous in it. these are beautiful photos too πŸ™‚

44. What a great find!!! Wow–I just love the floral print and the bolero. So cute and so glad you finally found some genuine vintage! πŸ™‚ β™₯ Casey | blog