– Outfit #20 to stand up against modern-day slavery/human trafficking & promote modesty! –
When I received a large box filled with dresses to borrow from Lauren of Sparrow & Urchin, the first dress I wanted to wear was this one. It is my favorite of the bunch of them that I’ve posted. It is unique (check out the print up close by zoomin in on the outfit).  It even has a pretty brooch as part of it. Amazing vintage!  It’s been about 16 months since I had photos at the tracks and we (Rob and I) had a picnic there with our boys. They really love trains so they seemed to have a good time even though they wished to see an actual train come by. It is really hard to get them to both look at the camera at the same time!

It is always really fun to see the unique ways that people spread awareness against human trafficking. Every day there are those who never heard of slavery existing in our world and neighborhoods. They don’t want to think that there is evil right near where they live.

October will be National Domestic Violence Awareness month. This morning I read this article about how a woman in Washington state (named Victoria [Throm]!) is trying to spread awareness against domestic violence and human trafficking by having purple lights shine in her neighborhood’s porches and on trees and all over the place so that people will wonder what is going on and that they will ask about the reasons behind the lights. This is the fifth year she has arranged for Purple Light Nights Campaign. It lasts for the entire month and takes places in 23 states and a couple Canadian provinces.

It’s focused on human sex trafficking,” Throm said of the Genesis Project. “Everything will be free,” Throm said, “from the purple glow sticks to refreshments.”

Seattle, Washington is one of the worst places for human trafficking and ranked #6 in the world for the exploitation of young boys and girls. Genesis Project helps these victims since many of them are under the age of 18.

I want to find a purple light somewhere and hope you will join me for the month of October to help spread awareness of this growing problem in our world. Be a voice for the oppressed.

1. That is such a beautiful dress! It looks amazing on you. I love that hairstyle, too – looks simple enough that even I could do it!

2. Very very pretty! I love the print! I am actually in Seattle visiting my inlaws for two weeks. I had no idea that human trafficking was such a big problem here. Although it does not surprise me.

3. beautiful dress and pictures.   i'm really intrigued by the purple light campaign…going to read up on it a little bit & maybe see if i can get some other neighborhood moms to participate with me.

4. HAHA! love the idea here, that dress is freaking amazing, and looks great with you hair. ❤

5. thats a really neat idea actually. creative idea to pique curiosity and spread awareness. home depot and such places usually sells colored light bulbs of some kind. I think you can get outdoor ones too? I recently saw a house with deck lights all in rainbow order so…it's possible.

6. ps: LOVE that bottom photo for you on the tracks. you look gggggorgeousssss. and as always, your sons are lil cuties.

7. Thanks. I'll have to look into that. There's a few Home Depots nearby.

8. Look at you lying on the train-tracks like its nobody's business! You always take the best photos. You are totally rockin' Lauren's dress too!It's cool about the lights. I hope it makes a difference!

9. You look awesome and I'm hoping the purple light nights campaign will make a difference.

10. What a beautiful photoshoot! That dress is lovely and really suits you; the colors and print are gorgeous. Thanks for the info on the Purple Lights campaign…

11. Aw so beautiful.Tell Leto his new haircut is rockin'.  Did you guys do it yourselves?Miss you all.

12. yeah I did it. I sliced his ear while doing it but it is all better now. haha. I posted a few photos last week too of it. Thanks!!! I miss you lots.

13. haha. the railway doesn't have trains going through on Sunday, so I had nothing to fear. haha. Thanks!!! I hope it makes a difference too!

14. YAYAYYAYAYAYAAYYA!!! My dress! Why must you look gorgeous in all of them! haha! Love the location! Love you all!LaurenSparrow & Urchin

15. ahh. I'm sorry. I'll try to look uglier when I wear the formal dress on the 8th!! Just remember, you look way amazing and gorgeous in your own clothes too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Wow, how did I miss that post of you cutting his hair? It's been a wild week over here in PA.

17. this dress is truly stunning. the colors look just beautiful on you, victoria. and your boys are quite handsome – they look like such little gentlemen!

18. Love the brooch and tie part & the pretty colors & pattern on this dress; seems like all little kids love trains, so sweet. I can't believe Seattle is so awful for human trafficking and exploitation, wow, I would never imagine that. I really enjoy learning something new each time I get chance to read your blog, you're doing such an awesome job at spreading awareness, really admirable of you.

19. you are so, so beautiful. I love your princess hair and your beautiful dress (lauren rocks!) and your family, but most of all I love how hard you fight for this cause.

20. Oh my. Here I am thinking I am starting to look a bit aged too. haha.  Thanks. I agree Lauren does rock! I appreciate your kind comments.

21. Yeah, it's really sad to learn how bad certain areas are for human trafficking when you would think the US would be considered more safe. Thanks for the kind comments and I'm so happy to hear you're learning!!

22. aww they are quite handsome!!! hehehe.

23. You and BOTH boys are just beautiful! I love taking train track photos! 🙂 The purple light idea is just perfect…a great and EASY way to spread awareness! What a wonderful thing for her to do!

24. First time here, love the dress, the train tracks, and the idea behind you blog…can't wait to bounce around some more.

25. Its great to hear another Victoria is campaigning against human trafficking as well! The purple lights project sounds really unique and seems to be gathering some great interest. I can't believe this is your 20th outfit for your project!! How exciting. You are looking as beautiful as ever!

26. What a lovely dress! You are so beautiful and your boys are adorable! ❤

27. I've been completely abysmal at commenting lately, but I love the way you've been using your blog to spread awareness about an issue that's so important to you. I love when clothes are more than just clothes, you know? Some girls turn them into art, and some (like you) use them as a platform for spreading awareness or inciting change. Long story short, I think you're fabulous!And of course, you look beautiful as always, though I think your boys are stealing the show in those last few photos! 😉

28. You're so silly! You never look cranky in your photos, you always look beautifully poised and elegant! I've always thought so 🙂 Gorgeous dress, photos and babies!Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

29. Seattle, Washington??  I would never have guessed that.  Sounds like a great campaign…heading over to find out more.  Your boys are so adorable…and oh my, that dress really is gorgeous on you.  I love the print and the pretty cool hues which look amazing with you skin tone and hair:)