– Outfit #21 to stand up against modern-day slavery/human trafficking & promote modesty! –
This is the last vintage dress borrowed from Lauren of Sparrow & Urchin. It was lovely (and probably the hardest dress I’ve ever had to iron since it’s two layers, one thin and one thick so i had to constantly change the settings).  I wore it to my cousin’s wedding. I’ll be posting more photos from the event a little later on. You’ll be able to see how goofy I am sometimes. There were two long pieces on the back of this dress that I didn’t know exactly the use of them, so I kept doing silly things with them. I want to thank Lauren for sending me all these amazing dresses. Now to get ready to send them all back!

Reason Why I’m Doing This #21:
A couple weeks ago I was informed about Radiant Cosmetics which is a make-up company having “Beauty with a purpose”. Every time you buy from them, they send 20% of their profits to Free the Captives, who works in helping victims of human trafficking in Houston, TX (mainly girls who are 12-18 years old). The founder of Radiant Cosmetics worked with The World Race after she got out of college and during her missions work befriended a prostitute in Thailand, who was a victim of sex trafficking. The founder of this make-up saw all the brothels in Thailand firsthand and worked in helping victims and families out there. On her return and through her love for make-up, she decided her “dream is to set the captives free, one lipstick at a time”.

1. thank you! what a dreamy dress! love how light and flawy it is, and such a pretty color especially with your hair!

2. You used "one" of "my" photos!

3. They're all your photos! you took them. haha. ❤

4. I love this dress … reminds me of tinkerbell !! The black and white picture is amazing!

5. Wow, what a cool dress…the color is gorgeous on you.  And thank you for sharing info about so many organizations and ethical companies in these posts, by the way. Your blog is really a great resource for where to donate and buy products!

6. You are a complete gem in this dress! Gosh, and could your intricate hair do be anymore beautiful…?Lauren of Someone Like You

7. Makeshift fairy wings!  Awesome!THANK YOU for the lead on make up.  That is incredible.  I don't wear makeup much ever any more, but if I ever need to get some new stuff, I will switch over to this brand.

8. I love dresses with capes! This one is especially gorgeous – it looks like something you'd see in a movie during a dreamy dance across the clouds 🙂

9. Oh what a fun and enchanting looking dress!  I love that color…looks so pretty and elegant on you.  The flower in your hair is the perfect icing on the cake:)

10. you look like an movie star with your hair and that beautiful dress! the last two pictures are especially beautiful!

11. Oh wow. thanks so much. that's so so so nice!

12. hehe. yes!! I can fly!No problem on the make-up. It is so strange that you don't really wear it anymore (not really strange, nice but so strange compared to how I remember you wearing a lot of it in your "goth phase") hehehe. You're beautiful!!!

13. Thanks for reading about it Heather!!!

14. Yeah I have no clue what those pieces are for… So many of my fancy 50's dresses have those… hahahahahah I really, really enjoyed these pictures. LaurenSparrow & Urchin

15. This dress is beautiful! You look stunning, I love the colour on you. The flower in your hair is the perfect touch xo

16. You look so beautiful! I am wedding obsessed right now so I can't wait to see the pics 🙂  I sent you a link on facebook about a woman who was working hard to keep girls out of the human trafficking cycle. It was a sad article and the worst part is that this woman needs help. Those poor girls are terrified.

17. Yeah, I saw that, I just haven't actually viewed it yet, but I'll get back to you when I do!!!! Thanks so much!

18. that dress: WOW!! gorgeous piece!

19. I've been catching up with your entries, but I can only comment on a few at a time! I have finals this week, but do I have a week break before the next half of this semester continues. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you!! I've had your last letter in my purse for the longest time. 🙂  I did like what I read about Netflix. No more Quickster, but I wasn't sure if they also mean no double charges for streaming and DVDs. That is our main concern. Your dress is pretty, and your hair looks great! I want to actually dye my hair darker soon… after I dye my hair blue sometime this month. I'm not sure if I have the courage to do that yet, but I already bought the dye. I never got a chance to do that in high school when I really wanted to. I'm not sure what my mother would've thought. Not sure what anyone would think now.

20. I hope you do really well on your finals.  I know you didn't forget about me. hehe. I got the e-mail from Netflix about Qwikster. They aren't charging more. It's back to normal.Thanks so much! Why wouldn't you have the courage? Have confidence! I used to have pink hair in high school and middle school (in high school it was pink bangs, but in middle school my whole head was pink). You'll look lovely no matter what.