For the past few months of wearing my coat which I bought only a little over a year ago, I was starting to hear a lot of complaints from loved ones because of how broken my coat was. I am one who is known for wearing beat up and ripped coats.

I had my eye on one from American Eagle for a month, but when I went to purchase it online it was not available in my size (probably gone in general now). I happened to go to the mall a couple of weeks ago with my best friend Lynsie (who spoiled me to some new make-up as a Christmas present) and decided to see if the coat I loved was in the store. It was and on sale! I got this coat for $30 when it was about $95 originally. Score. It’s so comfortable.

Okay, so this isn’t an actual outfit post, but I have one planned coming soon!

1. Yay for a new coat! I love a fun winter coat to brighten up dismal winter days.

2. The sale racks I look forward to visiting are at the Eddie Bauer outlet. Finding good buys like that coat you picked up at AE is always fun!Tim

3. Oh what an adorable jacket… I love the wood toggles! It looks so woodsy.

4. I love a sale! Best!

5. Ooh I love it & for $30…wow, that's one amazing deal. In general anything with toggles & that gorgeous cherry color catches my eyes but add the fur hood … mmm perfection:). Needless to say, you look adorable!

6. I'm right there freezing with you in NJ! The last two weeks have been brutal! Some mornings, in the teens… I absolutely hate it! The only good thing about this weather is investing in a nice coat, which yours is! I always wanted a red coat…Jenwww.houseofjeffers.com

7. I'm right there freezing with you in NJ! The last two weeks have been brutal! Some mornings, in the teens… I absolutely hate it! The only good thing about this weather is investing in a nice coat, which yours is! I always wanted a red coat…Jenwww.houseofjeffers.com

8. I'm right there freezing with you in NJ! The last two weeks have been brutal! Some mornings, in the teens… I absolutely hate it! The only good thing about this weather is investing in a nice coat, which yours is! I always wanted a red coat…Jenwww.houseofjeffers.com

9. I love it! I got a new houndstooth coat on clearance for $20! I was so excited!

10. yeah, the other day it was 11 degrees and all through the night and today it is so windy!!

11. oh I saw that coat! it's really pretty on you! Great find.

12. That coat is stunning!

13. I thought of this post again this morning as I put on my $20 trench coat (http://s5.thisnext.com/media/250×250/Burberry-Mens-Outerwear_22378DA5.jpg). I bought it brand new at Burberry. How? Way back in law school I bought an overcoat at a thrift shop, very nice and only $20 because they probably didn't know just what they had on hand. Years later my car (a tiny used car I'd been driving for a while) was stolen along with all the stuff in it including the coat. My car insurance covered the stolen car and my homeowner's insurance covered the personal property inside. The insurance company asked for a list of what was stolen and then told me that instead of cutting a check for the more expensive items under the homeowner's policy I would need to buy replacements and submit receipts as a claim for reimbursement.When I explained that the coat only cost $20 and it would be ok with me if they just included that in the check for the smaller items, the adjustor said they could not do that. If I wanted them to cover the loss of the coat, they said I had to buy a replacement. I told them I couldn't plan on walking into a thrift shop and finding a similar coat, so a replacement would have to be from a store and cost about 30 times what I paid for it. They said that's what I had to do. So I called my insurance agent and asked what this craziness was about. She said that we had a replacement policy, and the adjustor was correct. I explained about the coat only costing $20 and a replacement a lot more, and she said that's what I've been paying premiums for all those years and to go buy the new coat. So I did. They reimbursed me.That's why I call it my $20 trench coat (although if you add in all the insurance premiums paid for years without a claim I think they still came out ahead on the deal!).Tim

14. haha that's awesome!Sorry for the loss of your former coat though. That's sad. My husband had a car of his stolen when we were engaged (he only had it for 3 weeks!) and he had 200 CDs in it (most were bands that no one knew of since a lot were local) but I don't think he got any money for all of those.

15. What an awesome coat! Love the rich colour and furry hood 🙂 Always twice as nice when it's a bargain too!

16. That's a cute coat! I love the bright color!xo Jenniferhttp://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

17. Elliott wears torn and ripped up coats too.  Actually, he JUST got a coat recently.  When we started dating, I asked him where his coat was, and he said he gave it to a homeless man on the street because he needed it more.  Can you see why I fell in love?You made a good choice on the coat!  Beautiful!