1. People have wondered about the little film photobooth strips in my header. They are from a Hipstamatic Incredibooth app I’ve had for a few months. At my birthday party on Nov. 3 I put up a backdrop and took these photobooth shots of people who were willing to have some fun getting them taken (click the picture to see them larger). It is much cheaper than having to rent a booth. It is fun because there are various choices too (I have about 4 different booths in the app with each having 3-4 different lenses/filter choices).
2. I started playing World of Warcraft again after not doing so since last late January! I missed it. The cool thing is that my boys ask many questions and we get to have fun together when I do play it around them (the love all the strange creatures). I play on Wyrmrest Accord in my brother’s guild “The Nephilim”. Add me on battle.net: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I have a cold (mainly a sore throat) which I could use some prayer for. I am on the worship team at church. On Sunday I will be singing this song (The worship leader comes in halfway to sing harmony with me). I don’t like singing melody at all, or solos, but it would be good to be healthy when doing it.
4. These Honey Cornbread with Maple Butter muffins look SO good! I am looking for things to make for Thanksgiving. I have a huge honey obsession lately.
5. Firmoo posted a bit of my last fashion post and it received 750 likes. Crazy. Thanks Firmoo.
6. I won Fleet Collection’s “Found by Fleet” October contest. They are sending me jewelry & a dress for free. That was really cool and I am excited to receive them.
7. I have my 10-years’ school reunion on Saturday (I graduated in 2002!). I am a bit excited about it, though I bump into people here and there since I still hang around my hometown and the town I graduated from (we had two towns 15 minutes apart from the other attend one school). I got along with most everyone in my grade, though I was not popular – just a friendly person. One fond memory from senior year was when the new freshmen thought they were supposed to be mean to anyone who was not “popular” or “cool”. Some freshman boys started mocking me because of how I dressed and my class president (a beautiful classy woman) and the head football captain (I think?? He’s now a gym teacher at the high school) came walking by and overheard the name-calling. The two of them stopped and put the boys in their place saying, “How dare you make fun of the nicest girl in school. You should be ashamed of yourself.” It really touched my heart that we had a pretty good class. Sure there were some I didn’t get along with, but for the most part, I really loved my class. Here’s what I wore to Rob’s 10-years’ reunion (same school) last year.
8. I was also invited to a different school’s 10-years’ reunion the following week. I did not like the school, which is why I left it after being there from 2nd-9th grade. I have a lot of wounds that are still healing from the people who mocked me harshly daily. I have actually told a few in person that I forgive them (which just weirded them out). Although there was a select few who were kind, I dread going and having to face down the memories of pain all over again, though at the same time I like facing my hardships with a good attitude. I want to believe so badly that we have all grown and matured. Most of these people I haven’t seen in 14 years (others I have bumped into). The problem is that when I have bumped into some, they seem to be a little fake (and many call themselves Christians, as it was a Protestant school). They put on a smile and act as if they are trying to sell me a product by how they talk to me (like an infomercial), but it sounds so strange! I am only going if one of my best friends (Rachel) goes as a way to have another excuse to hang out together (since she lives in PA, so I see her a few times a year only) and know that we will have one another’s backs while being able to catch up on life with people we once knew. I’ll be honest that I try to actually form new bonds with people in hopes that they will want to hang out or be a real friend. This has created trust issues with me because I am gullible into thinking the best in someone and getting very disappointed when one seems to pull me along for a ride that ends abruptly.
9. The perfect part about #6 is that I just read today’s calendar’s quote saying, “Forgiveness is trusting that God is the God of justice He says He is and saying, ‘Father, I won’t hold that person to myself with unforgiveness any more.’ It’s acknowledging that God knows the truth and allowing Him to be the judge, because He is the only one who knows the whole story.” – Stormie Omartian
10. There are many news articles I read about concerning human trafficking. When I read them about NJ, it really makes me glad to see that there is better enforcement against slavery in my state, though still sad to read it in areas I know about. It truly is right in our own backyards. This guy in NJ got up to 10 years in prison for trafficking a 15 year old. Of course there have been many other girls he probably didn’t get caught for, but hopefully the Lord will meet him in prison and help him to help girls like the ones he hurt instead of hurting them more when he gets out.