1. I was featured on a post called 15 Ways You can Own ’70s Dresses in their Prairie Style portion, which is really cool, because Prairie styles are my favorite to wear.
2. In case you’ve missed the post in the past (from two years ago). Here is a list of my favorite Christmas movies of all time.
3. You know how a lot of people have Christmas blues? I’m going through it just a little bit, simply because this is an extremely hard financial month for us in general, that to think about buying presents on top of it seems like a laughing matter. I actually have been skipping all the “Christmas wishlist” posts people blog about, as if it is so easy for them to receive what they want when I can’t even afford to give what I want to those I love. I’ve been breathing in deeply and keeping myself occupied so I don’t cry. Consumerism really does bother me, and this time of year just makes me more angry lately rather than happy or excited.
4. I mentioned that I was going through an Advent devotional through World Vision, but I’ve been having a hard time keeping up with it. I have, however, been doing the children’s version with the boys that I’ve kept up with. They have activities and it has been fun to see them learn about loving people in other countries who don’t even celebrate Christmas.
5. My sons have been loving playing with bendable wax. Especially the Toy Story ones. If you follow my instagram, you saw the alien that Leto made. My friend gave us this activity book a few months ago and I whipped it out after a day of homeschool. I think they played with it for a good three hours! They were upset when I put it away.
6. My friend Catina does beautiful art pieces constantly (She paints daily). I have a couple of her pieces in our home. She is offering 20% off everything in her shop with the code “CHRISTMASROCKS” through the 15th (Saturday).
7. People who know me personally, know I have a love for popcorn. I truly want to make this caramel popcorn!! It looks pretty easy too!
8. I really love The Brilliance’s song called “Does Your Heart Break?” I went on youtube looking for a performance of the song, and instead I found an interpretive dance that goes with the song and they included extra things in the background (videos and words on a screen) and it was really moving to me.
9. I have a facebook photography page and am trying to build up more of a “fan base”. Please “Like” it? You also can add me on facebook if you’d like!
10. I came across this amazing information about the complete origin of Christmas, including loads of history leading us to where we are now. It actually saddened me quite a bit. Simple things like where mistletoe came from to the ultimate creation of Santa Claus (we teach our kids the truth about Santa, by the way). I had no idea that Christmas was such a violent pastime, especially to those of Jewish roots! Christmas trees were like the old Testament Ashera poles (which were basically like people worshiping a sex toy), but modernized centuries later as a way to worship trees, nature, and sex. Read the link for more though.