On the last day of 2012 it was so cold outside (maybe 17F) and windy, but we promised the boys that we’d play outside in the snow after they napped.  They wanted to build a snowman, though we didn’t get that much snow.  I have always adored photographing in the snow, but no one ever hires me during the winter season (for outdoor sessions) because of the temperatures.  Thankfully I can enjoy photographing my own family!

“God thunders wondrously with his voice;  he does great things that we cannot comprehend.  For to the snow he says, ‘Fall on the earth,’ likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour.  He seals up the hand of every man, that all men whom he made may know it.” -Job 37:5-7

winterdaythumb10 winterdaythumb7 winterdaythumb3

winterdaythumb4 winterdaythumb2
winterdaythumb12 winterdaythumb6 winterdaythumb1

winterdaythumb5 winterdaythumb11

winterdaythumb9 winterdaythumb8

winterdaythumb13

1. aww these are so sweet. looks like a really fun family time playing int he snow (albeit freezing!). cant believe someone (maybe Rob?) is w/out gloves! great photos of the little ones.

• His hands were freezing. I actually took a photo of his hands but did not post it. They were bright red. He doesn’t have gloves. We’ll have to eventually get him a pair.

• oh goodness I should mail you the snow gloves j recently thrifted but that’d prob cost more than they cost. so you have any thrift sites by? we are always seeing gloves around here but perhaps that’s since not many use them here.but we do to bike to work in winter

• That’s sweet. We’ll get him gloves. He needs running gloves more than winter ones. 😉

2. Oh my goodness – these pictures are GORGEOUS! LOVE that last one of you with the fuzzy hoodie! 🙂

3. This is such a cute shoot and looks like so much fun! My son does not like the snow (he takes after his mommy…hehe), so we have yet to venture outside and play in it – one of these days….

That’s a shame though that no one hires you in the winter. Yes, cold snowy weather is pretty harsh, but it makes for some of the prettiest pictures 🙂

• Yeah, I have never been one to want to play in the snow at all either, but I love taking photos in them so that is the most playful I get in it. The boys usually don’t like playing in it either, but this is the first time they really seemed to want to do so. Maybe in time your son would want to as well!

4. “Thank you. I pretend I am on Hoth when wearing it.”

Hahaha, this is excellent. I have a Chewbacca beanie and I can’t wait until winter to wear it!

5. Your whole family looks like they had so much fun in the snow! I seriously can’t get enough of your beautiful hair. I hope 2013 brings you and your family so many blessings 🙂

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

6. These photo are so pretty and cute – looks like a good time! I love that last photo of you

❤ katherineof corgis and cocktails

7. Lovely photos! I love how kids are almost never cold. It is good that they wanted to play outside, I have a hard time getting my little brother outside. 🙂 I love the last pic of you and those boots! I swoon!

8. It’s amazing how resilient kids are to the cold. They just run right out in the snow or jump right into a freezing cold pool without a care in the world. I always want to bundle and stay warm! haha.