1. I love the band Loud Harp so much (They are an indie Christian band, barely known at all). They started a kickstarter to make a 2nd album! To hear their first album on spotify for free, click here! SO GOOD!
2. My friend Elaini also has a kickstarter with her father. They’ve been making beautiful hand-crafted wooden wallets that look so beautiful and trying to get the business started. Elaini has also raised over $75,000 for orphans in India through her blog. She’s so kind and loves Jesus so much.
In the News:
3. An old lady who led Bible studies was stabbed like crazy by a 16 year old girl. After the murderer served 27 years on death row, the grandson of the old woman forgave the girl and she was pardoned. He kept in touch with her while she was serving time and is helping her now that she’s out. This is a beautiful story of forgiveness and the Gospel being lived out.
4. There are millions of refugees from Syria right now. World Vision posted this on their blog letting us know 3 things we should know about the Syrian refugee crisis.
5. Organ trafficking is a reality. Here’s an article about it. Very sad!
6. A woman had an emergency pre-term labor. She gave birth to a son who was only in the womb for 19 weeks. What a beautiful and sad story about him. He did not survive, but was a precious baby.
7. You don’t often hear the outcome stories of trafficking victims, but here is an amazing one from a woman who was tricked after a man showed her kindness while she picked up recyclables.
8. My heart breaks for the loss of the children who were poisoned in India. For most of these children, they only get one meal a day. While at school, they were served lunch with insecticide. Many were so sick they had to be brought to the hospital, and 22 died! Keep in mind that most people can’t even afford for their kids going into the hospital in India.
9. Boko Haram is a group of Islamists that bomb and kill schools and churches and target girls who want an education and Christians. They have been killing thousands of people over the past year alone. I read new news on their work every week and it leaves me with a huge burden. They recently killed 42 people, mainly children, at a school in Nigeria!
10. A sex trafficking ring was busted in NY. Each trafficker will have to serve up to 10 years in prison.