750,000,000 people do not have access to clean water! That’s insane, my friends! That is about 1 of every 9 people! Almost half of that number are people living in South Asia alone! Africa suffers the most with 367,000,000 people not having access to clean water!
Things to learn:
1. Diarrhea caused by inadequate drinking water, sanitation, and hand hygiene kills an estimated 842,000 people every year globally, or approximately 2,300 people per day.
2. Globally, women spend 200 million hours collecting water for their families.
3. Open defecation and the lack of sanitation only worsen the water crisis. About 65% of people living in rural India do not have access to a toilet.
4. Every minute, a child dies from a water-related disease!!!!!
5. Moms have little choice but to give their children dirty water to drink.
All around the world people suffer because the wrong things are entering their bodies when they drink. A lot of people live in slums where everyone bathes in the same water, drinks from the same water, and dumps in the same water. This is a great problem in our world. We need to be willing to care for those who don’t have access like we do and help them. I can access clean water too easily and it is extremely sad that most people have to travel distances to find water and the water they find is not clean! How spoiled I am. I grew up with a polluted river running through my backyard. I can only imagine having to go there each day and drinking from it. My mom constantly warned me to not even step in that water let alone have to drink it. Could you imagine your mother saying you had to drink it because it was the only water you could find?
Gospel For Asia digs “Jesus Wells” and provides “Biosand Filters” to many communities around South Asia. You can donate to help! Jesus teaches that HE is living water to quench our soul’s thirst. He reached a woman who went to get water at a well. She did not have access to water from her own home. He cared for the woman. Many people have been going to GFA’s Jesus Wells and learn about His love for them and why He was sent by the Father to save them! He also wants us to help those who are poor and destitute and in need so that there is no one who has a need! We need to help them! Let’s make this World Water Day change the world!